Thursday, December 5, 2013

Peace and Comfort

Heaven gained another angel as we said goodbye to my aunt Cynthia early this morning. My aunt Cynthia (my dad's older sister) fought a courageous fight with ALS this past year but she was ready to say goodbye. She was ready to be reunited with her son Aaron who she tragically lost several years ago in a diving accident.

My aunt was an amazing woman and having lost a child herself, she was giving me an amazing amount of love and support after we lost Hannah. Knowing her time here on earth was coming to an end she sent me an email last night and gave me the greatest gift I could have asked for.

"My dearest Holli,

When your pain is so great and your thoughts black, shut your eyes tight....here's what I want you to see and hear:

(Aaron and his Mama are reunited in great joy!,,). 

We immediately see your sweet Hannah. She has on a long, pink, silky dress and she radiates and glows with the most glorious pink and purple aura. I scoop her up in my arms. She's sooo happy to see us. She knows her Mommy sent us. I wrap her tight in the softest pink blanket and hold her close to my heart. I rock her back and forth.  Back and forth. I whisper in her ears that her Mommy, Daddy, Allison, her Gramma and Grampa...all her family... loves and misses her so much. I whisper that Aaron and Auntie Cee will be by her side, loving her, every single heaven minute. 

So, see, you don't have to worry...I'll love as my own...I promise with all my heart. I loved to sing to children so I will sing, finally again, all the stories about her life as a little earth girl. 

My great love,
Auntie C"

I went to bed last night with a bit of peace knowing that my aunt would be reunited with her son who she had missed so much and that she was going to see my sweet Hannah and give her our love. It was the middle of the night when I awoke from a "dream", it was the beautiful image my aunt had painted for me.  Cynthia and Aaron were together and then went and found my beautiful Hannah, scooped her up and gave her the biggest hug.  They told her how much we missed her and how much we loved her. With peace in my heart I fell back to sleep. 

This morning we spoke with my dad and found out that Cynthia had passed away.  I have to wonder if in my dreams I got a vision of what was happening up in Heaven. I am choosing to believe that I did! My aunt is in Heaven, pain free, happy, reunited with Aaron and they, along with all the other loved ones we have lost, are taking care of my sweet Hannah.  In that, I am finding peace and comfort. 

I love you Aunt Cynthia! Rest in Peace!



One of my favorite pictures of my dad's sisters, Christi, Cynthia, and Lisa.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that gives me chills. I always hear how people come to you in your sleep, so I believe that it all happened! So sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing, but what a gift she has given you!

    ReplyDelete